about tim stewart architects
Tim Stewart Architects is a firm built on the knowledge and expertise of its team who collectively bring to the studio a diverse range of skill in residential, commercial, mixed use and hospitality projects. The team is passionate about design and the impact that good architecture can have on people and the surrounding environment.
Commitment to Design
Along with the commitment to exceptional design, we understand that to have an effect a project has to be delivered successfully as a completed building, creating a valuable and beautiful contribution to the built environment. To achieve this, a delicate balance between aesthetic beauty, practical use, and commercial reality has to be exercised. It is the quality of this balance that adds the greatest value to a building and ultimately creates a successful project.
We believe in engaging with and involving the client in the design process, working in a transparent and collaborative way to marry the client’s vision with the skills and knowledge of the team. In this way we maintain the flexibility and creativity of a boutique firm with the experience and delivery of a larger firm. We ultimately develop relationships with our clients which endurebeyond the completion of the project.
Tim Stewart Architects design and deliver projects ranging from small eclectic cafe and hospitality fit outs to stunning luxury homes, multi-level mixed use and multi-residential projects. We look forward to growing our portfolio of projects, both through our existing business relationships and through the establishment of new partnerships.
about tim stewart
- Bachelor of Architecture
- Bachelor of Built Environment (Architectural Studies)
- Member of the Australian Institute of Architects
- Registered Architect BOAQ No. 3500
- 2010 Director of Tim Stewart Architects
- 2005 Founder and Co-Director of Base Architecture
- 2004 Hassell, long time industry leader.
- 2002 Senior Designer at Arkhefi eld
- 1999 Senior Designer at Mirvac
- 1996 Team Member Elivo Architects
- Storrs Road RAIA Residential Architecture Award
- Kauri Road RAIA Small Projects Architecture Award
- Munro Street RAIA Residential Architecture Award
- Iceworks Bar RAIA Interiors Architecture Award
In 2005, after many years working with some of Brisbane’s leading firms, Tim co-founded and directed the successful Base Architecture before establishing Tim Stewart Architects in 2010. Having grown quickly to a staff of eight in its first two years, Tim has been able to bring together a team of people with the skills and experience to deliver a wide range of projects. With the support of a strong team Tim has been able to further cultivate his passion for design and as principal designer is now able to bring his skills, knowledge and experience to all projects within the studio.